The following definitions, interpretations and expressions shall apply to all Contracts, references
and business dealings with BID4U.
means the date the vehicle was first registered, which is the warranty commencement date.
means the date for which a vehicle is assessed and determined by a designated person such as an insurer or auto dismantler as a write-off.
means an auction where the Auction viewing and bidding is restricted to licensed motor vehicle dealers only to the exclusion of members of the public.
|Note||1.||Dealer exclusive auctions are common within the motor vehicle auction industry.|
|2.||As a licensed Motor Vehicle Dealer, Bid 4 U can attend dealer exclusive motor vehicle auctions and bid and/or negotiate a purchase on our Client’s behalf.|
means a vehicle:
- That was licensed by a motor vehicle dealer by whom it is being sold which was used by that dealer for demonstration purposes, and;
- The obligation of the manufacturer of the vehicle to the purchaser is greater that the obligation to the dealer that the manufacturer’s warranty exceeds the dealer’s statutory warranty at the time of the sale
||Generally, to qualify as a demonstrator vehicle the car should have been registered within the previous three months and have travelled less than 5,000 km. However, this may vary depending on a number of circumstances including the type of vehicle.|
|2.||Demo vehicles that have been registered by the Manufacturer, such as Toyota Australia, have generally travelled greater distances, often up to 20,000km.|
||If the advertised price for Demonstrator Vehicles does not contain the notion ‘Drive Away No More to Pay’ the price may not include additional costs, such as; stamp duty and other government or statutory charges.|
Section 41B of the Western Australian Motor Vehicle Dealers Act 1973 states that the Purchaser of a demonstrator (demo) vehicle is entitled to the full timeframe of the manufacturer's new car warranty period, less the distance travelled from the date of purchase, whichever comes first.
This means that the manufacturer's new car warranty does not start from the time the vehicle was registered by the dealer - which many dealers incorrectly lead people to believe. In fact, the manufacturer's new car warranty period for demonstrator vehicles actually starts from the date that customer signs the contract to buy the vehicle, minus the kilometres travelled (which should be minimal on a demo), at the time of purchase, whichever comes first.
That is to say, under West Australian law, the full new car warranty timeframe must apply to demostrator vehicles from the date of purchase, less the odometer reading at the time of sale, which is deducted from the distance aspect of the manufacturer's new car warranty.
For example; If a demo was first registered by a dealer in January and comes with a manufacturer's new car warranty for 3 years or 100,000km, but had travelled 10,000km at the time of purchase in August, the manufacturer's new car warranty that must be provided in Western Australia under Section 41B of the Western Australian Motor Vehicle Dealers Act 1973, is the full 3 year time period from the date the customer signed the contract to buy the vehicle (in August), minus its odometer reading at the time of sale, whichever comes first.
If we apply the correct manufacturer's new car warranty to the above example; the manufacturer's new car warranty that must be provided has to be for 3 years or 90,000km (100,000km - 10,000km), whichever comes first, applied from the August sale date - Not from the January date the demo vehicle was first registered by the dealer.
Some dealers mistakenly believe that as the manufacturer issues the new car warranty, the manufacturer is entitled to reduce the new car warranty timeframe provided on demo vehicles and provide the balance of the new car manufacturer's warranty from the date the dealer first registered the vehicle. This is incorrect. It is against the law, and, it is also misleading for a dealer to sell a demo vehicle with a reduced manufacturer's new car warranty timeframe. See the below hyperlink from the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety.
For vehicles purchased at Auction:
- means a monetary amount, being a percentage of the amount realised, at a rate described in the Auctioneer’s terms and conditions of sale or outlined in the contract, payable to the Auctioneer on the fall of the hammer or within a specified timeframe by:
- The Client, where BID4U is the successful bidder or successfully negotiates the purchase of a vehicle where the Client contractually agreed to pay the deposit; or
- BID4U, where BID4U is the successful bidder or successfully negotiates the purchase of a vehicle where the Client contracted BID4U to pay the deposit on their behalf.
For Items Negotiated:
- means a monetary amount, being a percentage of the amount realised, at a rate described in the Auctioneer’s terms and conditions of sale or outlined in the contract, payable to the seller or their agent within a specified timeframe by:
- The Client, where BID4U successfully negotiates the purchase of the vehicle where the Client contractually agreed to pay the deposit; or
- BID4U, where BID4U successfully negotiates the purchase of the item where the Client contracted BID4U to pay the deposit on their behalf.
means an additional cost, outlay or expense incurred by BID4U in connection with providing services required by the Contract, such as; conducting a PPSR check.
means double overhead camshaft.
means a 'Drive Away' price which includes dealer cost as well as all government costs borne by the consumer, such as stamp duty, dealer delivery (if it is a new vehicle) and accessories that are either factory fitted or dealer fitted.
|Note||1.||Other associated Costs such as; car insurance are not included.|
|2.||Drive Away prices are indicative only as government charges vary according to the purchaser’s personal circumstances. For example; postcode and how the purchaser intends to use the vehicle.|
means the full on-road cost of the vehicle including 6 or 12 months Licence, Registration, Stamp Duty, Dealer Delivery and all government and statutory charges and on-road costs.
|Note||1.||Many Dealers include only 6 months registration in their 'Drive Away Price'.
|2.||Our Minimum 'Drive Away Price' always includes: 12 Months registration as well as a full tank of fuel (Both main and sub tanks where both tanks present), and a full set (Front & rear) of genuine or aftermarket carpet or rubber floor mats and the darkest (street) Legal Window Tint to all side and rear windows.|
means a dual clutch manual gearbox in which the gearshifts are controlled electronically. What makes the DSG unique is that it has two separate gear sets operated by two multi-plate clutches. The benefit of the two gear sets and the two multi-plate clutches is that whilst one gear set and clutch is engaged when driving the vehicle the second clutch has already pre-selected the next gear and is awaiting for power to be transferred. Because the next gear has already been pre-selected before the power is applied, the gear change only takes 3-4 100ths of a second, which all but eliminates noticible gear changes. The DSG also offers Tiptronic gear selection and sports mode.
The three main benefits of DSG are:
1. There is virtually no interruption to power, traction or acceleration.
2. The gear changes are virtually imperceptible
3. Improved fuel consumption
means a false bid for a lot at Auction made by the Auctioneer, the Seller or their agent for the purpose of starting, eliciting or encouraging bidding to reach the reserve price.
means the amount for which a used vehicle might be reasonably sold, free of encumbrances in the open market. Generally, the dutiable value of a used vehicle will be the same as the purchase price. Where a vehicle is purchased from a Dealer the dutiable value would normally be the purchase price plus:
- Any amount allowed by the dealer on a trade-in including a trading consideration or an exchange of any article;
- Dealer Delivery as well as any accessories affixed to the vehicle prior to delivery and licensing or included as a part of a sale agreement and affixed at any time; and
- Any special discount that is not available to members of the public such as; finance discount, sales tax exemptions.
means the retail selling price fixed by the manufacturer, importer or principal distributor or published in an advertisement or detailed in a temporary pricing bulletin provided the manufacturer, importer or principal distributor or the fixed price for that particular promotional period as being the retail selling price in Western Australia of a vehicle of that make and model plus any amount paid for an optional feature including GST.
The licensing fees for a new vehicle are calculated on the Dutiable Value applicable of the vehicle NOT the discounted price paid by BID4U .
These definitions and interpretations may be subject to review and change from time to time